1. Are they licensed to do the job? All painting contractors like Madani Group are required to secure a permit issued by the state that they are qualified to do the job properly. The contract stipulates that the contractor be liable should he perform below standards.
2. What's their track record? They must provide you with a list of clients and allow you to verify them.
3. Are your employees covered by workmen's compensation insurance? In choosing your painting company, you will need to ensure that they have insurance. If an accident happens on the homeowner's property, the owner will be financially liable if a contractor doesn't provide full coverage.
4. Ask about the mechanics of the painting job. How will they do the prepping job? You need to know the grade and quality of paint they will use, the number of workers, and the number of days it will take to complete.
5. How much is the cost? Quality goes with the price. In choosing your painting company, do not look for the one who quotes the lowest price. Go for the one who gives the most reasonable quotation and with the best track record.
6. Is there any warranty? Whatever the warranty is the company grants, always see to it that is a written one.
How about the cost? The cost depends on the area and appearance of the walls, the materials they will use, the number of days it takes to finish, and environmental condition. The cost will be more expensive than doing it yourself, but it saves you precious time. The greatest benefit of hiring experts is the professional look your house will have.
Doing it yourself is less expensive than hiring a professional. You also have more control of how you will tackle the job. The disadvantage is you will not get a professional finish unless you are also an expert. It is time-consuming and challenging. It is not safe to climb ladders. Accidents happen in a split second.